Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Small Talk EP

I've posted these songs before, but as tracks folded into my Halloween mixtapes.  Here they are by themselves, unmixed and standing on their own merits.

It's been a while since I've written and recorded my own original material, so this was a bit of a leap for me.  Most of my recording gear was ripped off in 2006, and I haven't taken the time to figure out Garage Band or Fruity Loops or any of that other nonsense.  Anyway, freeform black ambient seems straightforward enough to do without a metronome.

Jason Herrboldt - Small Talk EP.zip

Folder includes:
  • Small Talk
  • Don't Flail Me Now
  • Small Talk (Whisper Mix)

All three songs were written for my Halloween mixtape series, but are also quickly becoming source material for a full-length album which may or may not be dropped like an h-bomb later this year.  Inspiration: Coil, Brighter Death Now, Current 93, Nurse With Wound, Sunn O))), Meldhkwis aka Aymrev Erkroz Prevre/Dapnom/Etmenns Derokwis.  

All tracks written and recorded by me in 2009 / 2010.  All instruments consist of my mouth and a glass of water.  Recorded with TwistedWave 1.9 on Snow Leopard.  

No comments: