Tuesday, January 25, 2011

INXS - Need You Tonight (Extended)

Julian Mendelsohn is a god. Who? Exactly. Unless you follow 80's remixes with a laser beam like focus, you've probably never heard of him. But like all truly great producers, you've heard him whether you know it or not.

I remember hearing the extended version of David Sylvian's epic Taking The Veil back in the late 80's, but I could never seem to lay my hands on a copy of my own. When I finally downloaded it in 2006, after picking my jaw up off the floor, I noted Mendelsohn's name.

And don't you know, I came across it again.

INXS - Need You Tonight (Mendelsohn Mix)

One of the most memorable hits of the late 80's gets the treatment it deserves from one of the most talented producers in the industry.

For more Mendelsohn backstory and discography, visit his website.

No comments: