Friday, November 5, 2010

JUHYO & Seeking Wellness


I attended the screening of Daniel Schneidkraut's Seeking Wellness at the Minneapolis Trylon Microcinema last night.  JUHYO opened.  It was great.  I slyly recorded the first 7 minutes of their act on my phone.

JUHYO Snippet.mp3

[Edit: This link has not been removed because I did obtain direct and explicit permission from both the director and a member of JUHYO to post this clip via email.]

Actually, they played for about 30 minutes and then Seeking Wellness started as they were playing.  They continued to play for the first 20 minutes of the film, which consists of silent security camera footage.  The blend was utterly flawless.

I briefly spoke with Daniel Schneidkraut after the film.  It was an honor to meet one of the people behind the most disturbing film I've seen in years.  (A mutual friend gave me a copy last Halloween.)

While I was there I picked up a copy of the short film victory., the latest offering from Sepulchral Voice.  I just watched it minutes ago, and I think it's going to take a while to sink in.  My first impression is overwhelmingly positive.  I recommend you go to their website and pick up a copy.  While you're at it, buy some JUHYO.

Somebody has to support these psychos.

No comments: