Saturday, September 25, 2010

Politics Of Ecstacy

The first time I heard songs from Psychic TV's acid period, I was hanging out at a friend's house higher than fuck on LSD and weed.  In a daze I wandered down to the basement den of the house, grabbed a tape at random, and played it on their stereo.  It was a bad copy of Psychic TV's epic Tune In (Turn On Thee Acid House) EP.  I was glued to the speakers.  It reprogrammed my brain in ways I'm still trying to figure out.

I was hooked.  I tracked down any project related to Psychic TV that I could find.  Fortunately, we had some kick-ass record stores in Minneapolis in the late 80's (imports galore), and I managed to get my hands on Jack The Tab and Tekno Acid Beat before the experimenting-with-acid period of my life sputtered out.  (I still haven't forgiven myself for selling my original pressing of Tekno Acid Beat for drug money.)

This EP showcases some of the finer moments of Jack The Tab.  I hope the flashbacks never, ever end.

No comments: