Thursday, November 19, 2009

With Apologies To Al Franken

So I'm taking a "How To Study" class this semester, which is really a "Get Off Academic Probation Free" class, but that's neither here nor there.

We're doing a section on pre-test anxiety, and our teacher asked me to read a script out loud to the rest of the class as a kind of brief, guided meditation to introduce the students to relaxation techniques. (Can you see where this is going?)

The teacher asked everyone to close there eyes, then turned to me and signaled for me to begin reading. Just before, I managed to sneak my iPhone out of my pocket and hit the audio record button, and I wove the resulting audio in with a Stuart Smalley tape from the 90s. Honestly, what I go through for you people.


The schmaltz factor was so high that I practically broke out laughing before I was halfway through. Anyway, if you like the Stuart Smalley bit, you can download the entire CD at audible.com.

No comments: