Thursday, June 11, 2009

Psychic TV - Tune In (Turn On Thee Acid House)


These are the first two acid house songs I ever heard, and I heard them while I was completely fucked in the mouth, balls-out tripping on high octane acid.

Fuck yeah.



Actually, these were only the first songs that grabbed my attention in what was to be a long night of being glued to the speakers while somebody's mixtape (this was still the 80's) played the most amazing music my young ears had ever heard.

I later learned that these songs -- and all the accompanying Jack The Tab / Tekno Acid Beat tracks -- were just two gems from the prolific Fred Giannelli period in Psychic TV's long history.

I'm proud to recall that fateful night that I made out with a 303 well before 303s were cool (at least in America). It was a little taste of acid during what I now know was the real acid era of electronic music, one I just barely missed.

Barely.

No comments: