Sunday, December 14, 2008

Valerie Etienne & Jazzanova Revisited

My life changed forever the day I first heard a Jazzanova remix. It was 1999 and the song was What's Your Number (Jazzanova Renumber) by Ian Pooley, and it took me a good week to get my mind around how much I loved it.

Every other remix and single since then has done nothing less than blow my mind in two. I ran, not walked, to buy their first full-length CD back in 2002 (In Between), but I only recently downloaded the remixes. Most of them are OK, but one really caught my attention. Here's the original and the remix:

Jazzanova - Mwela Mwela (Here I Am).mp3
Jazzanova - Mwela Mwela (Here I Am) (Bugz In The Attic Remix).mp3

The Bugz In The Attic Remix has been an absolute revelation. I haven't been this excited about a future jazz project for at least two years. I can't believe I missed the original release all the way back in 2003.

No comments: