Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Limahl - Neverending Story (Jason's Bootleg Remix)

And now a splash from the shallow end of the pool.

I fell in love with the movie when I was 12 (as any 12 year-old gay boy should) and I fell even more deeply in love with Limah's ridiculously sugary theme song. I found a vinyl copy of the 12" version when I was about 14 which I played more times than I care to admit.

Then in the late 90's a friend and I began to spelunk through my vinyl archives in search of an old pop song to remix for a happy hardcore project, and The Neverending Story was an obvious choice.

Limahl - The Neverending Story (Jason's Bootleg Remix).mp3

Made in 1999 with an Ensoniq ASR-10. Thanks to dj Spree for the inspiration and encouragement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great One!
Hey, Any chance for the French Ver to be Uploaded?


tobbie

Jason Herrboldt said...

Thanks! We had a lot of fun doing this one. It's been ten years, if you can believe it. I don't know about the French Version, tho.